Bozemon Mt.

  • lasertower
    Message 1 of 5 , May 6 9:20 PM
      Where did Bozeman Mt.get its long distance pre fiber? Is there Coax nearby? AT&T longlines? Other carrier?

      I found Qwest's Bozeman junction on the FCC license site, and the horn is up but dormant downtown. Downtown feeds a reflector to the junction ten miles from town, but I cant find the paths into the junction.

      Bozeman is a biking/hiking town, so boss did not give me a rental car this trip.

      There is tonnes of private long and short haul microwave here, its a big business in this town. Take a look at "Cutthroat Communications" via google, its impressive for a small company. Its not the only microwave provider here, either. The town is studded with short towers with dishes.

      There is actually massive amounts of fiber here, running along I90.

      PS, I'm blessed my boss stuck me with a bike, lots of beautiful women out here riding and jogging.

      Steve.
    • Pj
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7 3:45 PM
        Near work, a second (assuming) transmitting sat dish sprung up last year. It's actively used next two a second dish in a small compound with a camera, fence and I believe a small underground structure from what I can tell while it was built.

        It's located in a local valley surrounded by mountains which generally had a poor los horizon. I see it pointed roughly north and south at times which is curious as well.

        It's located between Green River and Rock Springs Wyo. Google Earth has an older image. 41 32 11.9N 109 21 06.23w

        It looks a little too well built for commercial, but could just be that. Level 3 has fiber running thru the area but they have their large facility in Salt Lake. Just seems an odd place to throw two sat dishes.

        Sent from my iPhone

        On May 6, 2013, at 10:20 PM, "lasertower" <osr@...> wrote:

        > Where did Bozeman Mt.get its long distance pre fiber? Is there Coax nearby? AT&T longlines? Other carrier?
        >
        > I found Qwest's Bozeman junction on the FCC license site, and the horn is up but dormant downtown. Downtown feeds a reflector to the junction ten miles from town, but I cant find the paths into the junction.
        >
        > Bozeman is a biking/hiking town, so boss did not give me a rental car this trip.
        >
        > There is tonnes of private long and short haul microwave here, its a big business in this town. Take a look at "Cutthroat Communications" via google, its impressive for a small company. Its not the only microwave provider here, either. The town is studded with short towers with dishes.
        >
        > There is actually massive amounts of fiber here, running along I90.
        >
        > PS, I'm blessed my boss stuck me with a bike, lots of beautiful women out here riding and jogging.
        >

        > Steve.

      • Matthew Sadler
        Message 3 of 5 , May 7 3:53 PM
          E120040 and E110047.

          http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/ib/forms/reports/swr031b.hts?q_set=V_SITE_ANTENNA_FREQ.file_numberC/File+Number/%3D/SESLIC2012022700218&prepare=&column=V_SITE_ANTENNA_FREQ.file_numberC/File+Number

          http://licensing.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws.exe/prod/ib/forms/reports/swr031b.hts?q_set=V_SITE_ANTENNA_FREQ.file_numberC/File+Number/%3D/SESLIC2011032800378&prepare=&column=V_SITE_ANTENNA_FREQ.file_numberC/File+Number

          E120040's license says "Universal Space Network Inc. is seeking
          authorization to communicate with 'Worldview-1' and 'Worldview-2 NGSO EESS
          earth imaging satelites owned by the DigitaGlobe Corporation. USN is under
          contract to support these spacecraft from USN's Green River, Wyo"

          E110047's license says "Gateway earth station providing service to ViaSat-1
          satellite at 115.1 WL."

          --mws / kf4lhp

          Message 4 of 5 , May 7 4:14 PM
            And there you have it

            Sent from my iPhone

          • rjfrank1@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 5 , May 7 6:48 PM
              >Where did Bozeman Mt.get its long distance pre fiber? Is there Coax nearby? AT&T
              >longlines? Other carrier?

              A good route map reference to start with would be AT&T Long Lines Routes, Montana, January 1971.
              Note the J-carrier/open-wire cable routes.
              http://long-lines.net/places-routes/maps/MT71.html

              >I found Qwest's Bozeman junction on the FCC license site, and the horn is up but
              >dormant downtown. Downtown feeds a reflector to the junction ten miles from
              >town, but I cant find the paths into the junction.

              Bozeman Main/WHR275 had a path to Three Forks/WIV52.
              Bozeman Main/KVH80 had a path to Bozeman Jct/KPS45 via Bozeman PR.

              Bozeman Jct/KOV49 had paths to Big Timber/KOV48 & Three Forks/KOV50.
              Bozeman Jct/KPS45 had a path to Livingston/KPS46(?). (Based on the 1971/1979 route maps)
              Note: Livingston/KPS46 currently has an active path to Deep Creek/KPY42 via Livingston PR.