Re: K-Hut - Ft Steele Wy

  • cpe122
    Message 1 of 3 , May 6, 2013
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "packy41" <packy41@...> wrote:

      > Contrary to what I have seen in my travels, the Fort Steele Wyoming K-Hut has been repurposed by AT&T as a fiber hut. Most that I have seen have been in use by US West/Quest. This Ft Steele one has been retrofitted with modern AC/Heat and a metal roof. Pics are located at:

      Most pleasant looking regen ever made!

      > Approx location is: N41.75009 W106.94960
      >
      > Or on the south side of I80 at the Fort Steele exit (228 IIRC)

      Indeed it is exit 228.

      > A few cable post markers have "487" attached to them if that means anything to anyone. There is still an old warning sign for tampering with civil/mil comms etc attached to the cattle fence (well faded).

      487, nope. If you ever see any building or "door" numbers, I'd love to hear about/see pictures of them. We have almost none of the names/numbers for the ones in WY.

      The next one east would be nice to see and confirm; it's south of I-80 on the Rattlesnake Pass Rd.

      /cpe

      K route through the State of WY:
      http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/display/1367892554-07446-70.16.72.20.html
      Still looking to confirm the pink ones.