Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: Platte/Wheatland details

  • Pj
    Message 1 of 8 , May 5, 2013
      That would be correct. No cell service, no town services nearby. The closest town would be Rawlins to the south (50ish miles) or Jeffery City to the west - which is currently a semi-ghost town. When the winds pick up and blows the snow, there is no in or out of the area when they close the roads.

      (Currently assigned south of Muddy Gap in Rawlins and took a day trip to find some of the ghost towns/abandonded ranches out here - and there is nothing but open land and open roads through the mountains)
    • Blake Bowers
      Message 2 of 8 , May 5, 2013
        42°27'48.05"N

        107°35'46.34"W

        Take a gander at that. It also sits on a deeded parcel exactly the size of
        the fence, which was not uncommon for AT&T.

        _____

        Message 3 of 8 , May 5, 2013
          On 5/6/13 12:38 AM, Blake Bowers wrote:
          > 42°27'48.05"N 107°35'46.34"W
          >

          > Take a gander at that. It also sits on a deeded parcel exactly the size of
          > the fence, which was not uncommon for AT&T.

          That was my first suspect, but I didn't see any emergency exits and such....
        • rjfrank1@ymail.com
          Message 4 of 8 , May 6, 2013
            The emergency stairway exit structure for Muddy Gap is best viewed using GE historical imagery from either 8/25/1994 or 10/7/2004. The main facility building is located at the center of the land parcel. Using a clock face analogy, the above ground emergency exit is the small dark structure at roughly the "4 o'clock" position.

            For Fontenelle (41°57'50.69"N, 110° 3'22.62"W), use GE imagery from 7/20/1994. The above ground facility configuration is similiar to Muddy Gap, however the emergency exit structure is located closer to the "5 o'clock" position. Fontenelle was demolished sometime prior to 9/26/2006 per available historical imagery. There was brief discussion of this a few years ago in Message #16106.