Re: [coldwarcomms] Hillsboro part 02349580

    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 29 8:48 AM
      On 4/29/13 2:16 AM, Blake Bowers wrote:

      > The concrete bunker type building - that has been mentioned here before, is
      > amazing. It has a bank vault style door. After talking to the neighbor, it
      > was built a number of years ago by a very paranoid banker as a doomsday type
      > bunker. Now it is owned by a local businessman.

      I'm somewhat confused. The bunker's relationship to #68 is merely adjacent
      location or...?
    • Blake Bowers
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 29 10:04 AM
        Just south of the main Hillsboro site on old hwy 21

        _____

        > The concrete bunker type building - that has been mentioned here before,
        is
        > amazing. It has a bank vault style door. After talking to the neighbor, it
        > was built a number of years ago by a very paranoid banker as a doomsday
        type
        > bunker. Now it is owned by a local businessman.

        I'm somewhat confused. The bunker's relationship to #68 is merely adjacent
        location or...?

      • Ken Bowles
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 29 8:56 PM
          Had to go to Cape Girardeau today and drove by Hillsboro . . . 2 of their 8
          GEP antennas have been taken down leaving 6. Saw the other bunker also. It
          has more brush growing around it then the last time I visited. Don't think
          anyone has been in it for a while.

          Ken

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 29 9:42 PM
            But did you notice how bright those 6 remaining antennas are now? Sort of
            like they have been hit with paint.

            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 29 10:15 PM
              I did. One of the two they removed didn't have paint on it and I always
              assumed it was a newer one that didn't have to have paint because they had
              started to use a flasher. But who knows, ha.

              I went back by after dark and they seem to have a good amount of security
              lightening they didn't have a year or so back.

              Ken

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 29 10:36 PM
                I know they did some recent construction in the building - just not sure
                what. The gates, hwy 21, tower road, and the one behind the building were
                all locked the other DAY, which was "different". The only parking area
                available was the small one off tower road, that enters one level down.

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 30 7:38 AM
                  I notice there was a car parked at the building entrance at that lower
                  level when I went by. I wonder if someone is manning it. Usually
                  technicians seem to use company trucks.

                  Ken

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 30 7:42 AM
                    There does seem to be some inside plant people there all the time.