Hillsboro part 02349580

  • Blake Bowers
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28 11:16 PM
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashleyandcompany/sets/72157633361308051/

      Pictures of manhole 68. it was very tough tracking these, as many of the
      roads mentioned don't have those same names. Now that I have cornered them,
      I can find more next time.

      The concrete bunker type building - that has been mentioned here before, is
      amazing. It has a bank vault style door. After talking to the neighbor, it
      was built a number of years ago by a very paranoid banker as a doomsday type
      bunker. Now it is owned by a local businessman.

    • Ken Bowles
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 29 6:39 AM
        Neat. The mystery is solved.

        Ken

        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 29 8:22 AM
          It will be solved when I get interior pictures!

          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 29 8:48 AM
            On 4/29/13 2:16 AM, Blake Bowers wrote:

            > The concrete bunker type building - that has been mentioned here before, is
            > amazing. It has a bank vault style door. After talking to the neighbor, it
            > was built a number of years ago by a very paranoid banker as a doomsday type
            > bunker. Now it is owned by a local businessman.

            I'm somewhat confused. The bunker's relationship to #68 is merely adjacent
            location or...?
          • Blake Bowers
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 29 10:04 AM
              Just south of the main Hillsboro site on old hwy 21

              _____

              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 29 8:56 PM
                Had to go to Cape Girardeau today and drove by Hillsboro . . . 2 of their 8
                GEP antennas have been taken down leaving 6. Saw the other bunker also. It
                has more brush growing around it then the last time I visited. Don't think
                anyone has been in it for a while.

                Ken

                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 29 9:42 PM
                  But did you notice how bright those 6 remaining antennas are now? Sort of
                  like they have been hit with paint.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 29 10:15 PM
                    I did. One of the two they removed didn't have paint on it and I always
                    assumed it was a newer one that didn't have to have paint because they had
                    started to use a flasher. But who knows, ha.

                    I went back by after dark and they seem to have a good amount of security
                    lightening they didn't have a year or so back.

                    Ken

                    Message 9 of 11 , Apr 29 10:36 PM
                      I know they did some recent construction in the building - just not sure
                      what. The gates, hwy 21, tower road, and the one behind the building were
                      all locked the other DAY, which was "different". The only parking area
                      available was the small one off tower road, that enters one level down.

                      Message 10 of 11 , Apr 30 7:38 AM
                        I notice there was a car parked at the building entrance at that lower
                        level when I went by. I wonder if someone is manning it. Usually
                        technicians seem to use company trucks.

                        Ken

                        Message 11 of 11 , Apr 30 7:42 AM
                          There does seem to be some inside plant people there all the time.