Law enforcement/ public safety - Teletype we fixed the Glendale police museum

  • couryhousesmecc
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2013
      Law enforcement/ public safety - Teletype we fixed the Glendale police
      museum

      Here is an article on the teletype we fixed the Glendale police museum up
      with!

      Need a metal strip running across the front that is blank to go on this
      or worst case says teletype...

      Got to loose the Western Union one. need little round silver bell logo
      and a printer mech, ( does not need to work does not need type box as
      we have xtra one )

      Unit now looks better than in the photo as we got what appeared to be
      wall paint off the keyboard!

      This has been a fun project! We purposed a running system that would
      print messages etc.. but since it is in the open lobby would be too
      much going on to possible go wrong wen unattended. the static display
      is neat as it is in with other comm gear and stuff from the ID
      department

      Best way to educate about our old tech is to more of it out on display.

      Ed Sharpe Archivist for SMECC _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)
      (http://www.smecc.org)

      see article and photos at-

      http://www.glendalestar.com/features/feature_stories/article_b7873854-ae88-1