Re: AEC Germantown

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
      Additional thoughts on Germantown: in the 1960's there was one shot there from Hamilton(we know it had a multiplex section to Wash 4), by 1970 another from Haymarket(possible diverse routing),in 1971 the Hamilton shot was discontinued & Garden City added; all this was a means to a (dead) end, that is Germantown was a terminal station for something, not a repeater or junction; and it would not have been for POTS/commercial private line, already well served by existing short haul carriers from the DC area.

      In addition to the AEC/DOE and Wheelhouse air-ground connection, there may have been an Olney CD/FSC connection via a 10 mile wideband and/or voice grade loop ,or a gov't microwave shot from Germantown; and lastly, perhaps another classified facility in the area that has'nt surfaced.