Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: AEC Germantown

  • Mike Walker
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 22, 2013
      So it was AEC at some point but didn't survive onwards to DOE? Or
      otherwise, in theory, it could have gone from the AEC to the NRC after the
      establishment of DOE and re-organization?

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 23, 2013
        Additional thoughts on Germantown: in the 1960's there was one shot there from Hamilton(we know it had a multiplex section to Wash 4), by 1970 another from Haymarket(possible diverse routing),in 1971 the Hamilton shot was discontinued & Garden City added; all this was a means to a (dead) end, that is Germantown was a terminal station for something, not a repeater or junction; and it would not have been for POTS/commercial private line, already well served by existing short haul carriers from the DC area.

        In addition to the AEC/DOE and Wheelhouse air-ground connection, there may have been an Olney CD/FSC connection via a 10 mile wideband and/or voice grade loop ,or a gov't microwave shot from Germantown; and lastly, perhaps another classified facility in the area that has'nt surfaced.