Re: Fiber Medina to Lillyville

  • cpe122
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 8, 2013
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David <wb8foz@...> wrote:

      > >> It may not now, but it did in 1988.
      >
      > > Andy has never mentioned any fiber going into Lillyville.
      >
      > Re: the discussion about Medina's L4 from Waterford being replaced by glass
      > from Lillyville....
      >
      > I asked Andy, and during his tenure, he did not see any glass into
      > Lillyville. So my guess is the fiber came from some non-hardened facility
      > in the Pittsburgh region.

      Not sure what Andy's tenure would have been or whether you mean in the ROW vs. in the building.

      /cpe
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 8, 2013
        On 4/8/13 5:41 PM, cpe122 wrote:

        >> > I asked Andy, and during his tenure, he did not see any glass into
        >> > Lillyville. So my guess is the fiber came from some non-hardened facility
        >> > in the Pittsburgh region.

        > Not sure what Andy's tenure would have been or whether you mean in the ROW vs. in the building.

        Building, and nearby RoW. He made the point that L-L changed thinking, and
        rented fiber RoW along the railroads. This got them "one landowner to deal
        with, not 100's.." and far far fewer backhoe fade situations.

        If I understood him correctly; he was there the day it opened, and locked
        the door behind him when they shut down.