Lincoln Labs Round Hill Field Station

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 8, 2013
      A good overview of Lincoln Labs activities in this history; search Round Hill for some photos & info; this must have been a fascinating place to work in the 1950's & 60's:

      www.ll.mit.edu/about/History/MIT_Lincoln_Laboratory_history_book.pdf

      More references to Round Hill in this report:

      http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/012270.pdf

      Round Hill had HF,VHF,UHF & SHF shots to some interesting places,e.g.
      Rising Sun Md, Alpha Md, Chillum Md, Sterling Va, Alpine NJ(Armstrong Tower),Goose Bay LAB, Crawford Hill NJ, Holmdel NJ, Cedar Rapids IA(Collins), a mobile unit in Cincinnati OH.

      I'll be posting more info on Sterling VA soon.
    • Blake Bowers
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 8, 2013
        What was at Rising Sun? Or was it the navy base at Port Deposit?

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 9, 2013
          Possible but would have thought Port Deposit or Bainbridge would have been the name.So far I've found nothing on a comms site close to Rising Sun, nor Alpha; Chillum is just outside DC & any number of buildings or lots could have had antennas in the day.