1970 Time Synchronization Microwave Links

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6, 2013
      Between NRL,Naval Observatory,Waldorf,Brandywine; using Raytheon KTR 1000; see p124-127:

      http://www.pttimeeting.org/archivemeetings/1970papers/Vol%202_11.pdf
    • paul125a
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 8, 2013
        Thank you very much for this. If you or anyone on the list has some good information on the origins of the use of PRN in communications, I'd appreciate it--either to the list or a private message. I heard a talk by Brad Parkinson about how PRN coding was chosen for GPS, and he said that he did not know where the idea came from, but perhaps it came from the Crypto community, who kept it to themselves for a while. One thing he did say, which was confirmed to me by others, is that the story that it came from the actress Hedy Lamarr is not really accurate.