NOMAC & RAKE Systems

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2013
      I found RAKE mentioned in post #25622,

      snippet:

      "Near the satellite "research" facility back then there was the
      remains of one of the HF receive antennas (or maybe transmit I forget)
      used for the pioneering direct sequence spread spectrum link to West
      Berlin... this late 50s and early 60s project provided a jam resistant
      100 wpm tty link from the Ipswich Ma area to West Berlin in about a 6
      KHz wide direct sequence spread spectrum signal on HF - and led to
      pioneering research in such technologies as RAKE receivers that have
      been vital to modern CDMA cellphone systems - plus of course much
      understanding of HF propagation mechanisms."

      looking further I found this paper with details:

      http://www.ll.mit.edu/publications/journal/pdf/vol05_no3/5.3.2.nomacrakesystems.pdf
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2014