Nuclear Matters

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3 12:18 PM
      Sould connect a lot of dots on this subject for nuke challenged members:

      http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a520718.pdf
    • Boardwalk One
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3 2:36 PM
        Great work, especially with the 2008 publication date. Interesting to compare this with some older documents.

        If anyone would like to read another one of my Nuclear favorites, you can try this link. At 180 pages, it a good long read. I tried to upload it but the file is too big......sorry Albert.

        http://www.modernsurvivalonline.com/Files/civil%20defense/articles/Life.after.Doomsday.pdf

        Just began reading the "C3 Command Post in Space" with equal interest.

        Have a great day.

        Roger~

        > Sould connect a lot of dots on this subject for nuke challenged members:
        >
        > http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a520718.pdf

      • farrel_becker
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 8 6:18 AM
          I have a copy of this book. The PDF is missing the dedication page. It reads:

          "This book is dedicated to the memory of a few sensible Romans, who in 79 A.D. fled from Pompeii in the middle of the night while their neighbors laughed at them. These were the first historically documented retreaters, and wise or foolish, they were the only survivors of the catastrophe which destroyed the city."

          Wasn't it thoughtful of AT&T to create thousands of "expedient shelters" for us. See the top right of page 72 and photo on page 73. From the pattern, this could be a Bell System manhole.

          Farrel