RE: [coldwarcomms] Interesting development

  • David L. Wilson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
      > I assume this is a form of RDF with switched audio.

      Upon reading, I think there is no RDF. What it is doing with radio is
      placing different radio channels in preselected stereo located spots
      allowing the listener to focus on one channel of interest. This is an old
      idea-- I have been using it for years with my receivers using a New
      Communications Solutions box for 6 channels which I link around the house
      with a low power Part 15 stereo transmitter from Crane. I thought of doing
      this years (10 or so) ago and implemented it then.

      Their system also seems to place audio sounds in the direction from which
      they are coming in the same headset.

      > http://beforeitsnews.com/science-and-technology/2013/03/super-hearing-
      > with-3-d-audio-technology-pilots-to-hear-direction-of-enemy-and-radio-
      > communications-2567496.html
    • lasertower
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2013
        The usual trick is to use a SSB radio and place the in-phase detector on one stereo channel, and the quadrature phase channel on the other ear.

        This lets you "hear" the SSB spectrum over a small area, and use spatial seperation to pick out a given transmitter.

        Steve