Interesting development

  • radioman390
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
    • Frank Helton
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1, 2013
        I wonder how they get the third dimension - four transducers in the
        headphones? Maybe it's actually 2-D azimuth-only.

        Frank

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2013
          > I assume this is a form of RDF with switched audio.

          Upon reading, I think there is no RDF. What it is doing with radio is
          placing different radio channels in preselected stereo located spots
          allowing the listener to focus on one channel of interest. This is an old
          idea-- I have been using it for years with my receivers using a New
          Communications Solutions box for 6 channels which I link around the house
          with a low power Part 15 stereo transmitter from Crane. I thought of doing
          this years (10 or so) ago and implemented it then.

          Their system also seems to place audio sounds in the direction from which
          they are coming in the same headset.

          > http://beforeitsnews.com/science-and-technology/2013/03/super-hearing-
          > with-3-d-audio-technology-pilots-to-hear-direction-of-enemy-and-radio-
          > communications-2567496.html
        • lasertower
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 3, 2013
            The usual trick is to use a SSB radio and place the in-phase detector on one stereo channel, and the quadrature phase channel on the other ear.

            This lets you "hear" the SSB spectrum over a small area, and use spatial seperation to pick out a given transmitter.

            Steve