Was this Autovon?

  • Tom Fuller
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 22, 2013
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 22, 2013
        This appears to be the L4 main(power feed)near Ft Pierce,which would not have had an Autovon switch.

        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, Tom Fuller <thxman67@...> wrote:

        > http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/03/florida-bomb-shelter-for-sale-as-ultimate-man-cave/

      • Blake Bowers
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 24, 2013
          Not autovon. Not for sure what it was, but not Autovon.

          _____

          Not autovon. Not for sure what it was, but not Autovon.

          http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/business/2013/03/florida-bomb-shelter-for-sale-a
          s-ultimate-man-cave/

        • cpe122
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 30, 2013
            As ozob said, L-4 Power Feed Main Station, known within LL as St Lucie. The St Lucie PF was the southern-most Main Station sitting between the Windmere Main Station to the north and the Terminal Station Ojus in the south.

            27.424,-80.409

            While Floridas Autovon switches were north and west of Windmere, St Lucie most certainly carried Autovon circuits.

            /cpe
            --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Bowers" <bbowerslists@...> wrote:

            > Not autovon. Not for sure what it was, but not Autovon.
            >

            > _____

          • cpe122
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 30, 2013
              Forgot to paste the link (you may have to reassemble):

              http://www.loopnet.com/Listing/15146549/2290-South-Rock-Road-Fort-Pierce-FL/?linkcode=1070&sourcecode=1lww2t006a00001

              --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "cpe122" <cpe122@...> wrote:

              > As ozob said, L-4 Power Feed Main Station, known within LL as St Lucie. The St Lucie PF was the southern-most Main Station sitting between the Windmere Main Station to the north and the Terminal Station Ojus in the south.
              >
              > 27.424,-80.409
              >
              > While Floridas Autovon switches were north and west of Windmere, St Lucie most certainly carried Autovon circuits.
              >
              > /cpe
              > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Bowers" <bbowerslists@> wrote:
              > >

              > > Not autovon. Not for sure what it was, but not Autovon.
              > >

              > > _____

            • Blake Bowers
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 30, 2013
                Just about everything carried autovon circuits at one point or another.

                It depended on the normal AT&T system for divergence, trouble re-routing,
                speed of setting up locations, etc. Autovon circuits could be coax, open
                wire, fiber, microwave, etc - depending on the era, location, etc. There
                were major Autovon switching centers that also routed regular traffic, and
                had no underground feed of any sort (Other than local circuits) going to
                them. The microwave routes through them carried all sorts of traffic other
                than Autovon.

                I have no reason to doubt it was a L-4 site - but as I said, it was not an
                Autovon site as normally thought of.

                _____

                --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com <mailto:coldwarcomms%40yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 11, 2013