AT&T Site KRS97

  • CLDWARHIST@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 3, 1999
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 3, 1999
        George,

        Recent (March '98) FCC records show Gainesville talking to just one other
        station: KRS93 (Dahlonega), about 18 mi. to the NNW. But since your
        picture shows two pairs of horns at Gainesville, it must have had another
        destination whose license has expired.

        Maybe Gainesville also talked to Grayson (about 28 mi. to the SSW), and
        Grayson in turn talked to Conyers?

        Did Gainesville appear active? With just one path, I'm wondering what its
        function would be. Did you see a fiber route going into the station?

        ...Albert

        Message text written by INTERNET:coldwarcomms@onelist.com
      • CLDWARHIST@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 1999
          Albert,

          Based on the double barbed wire fences, and condition of the site,
          Gainesville did appear active. It only talks to Dahlonega according to your
          map. Sadly i was in a hurry so I did not do a full investigation, just about
          6 photos. I will get up there sometime this summer and take a better look

          By the way, I've been told that Grayson was a civil only site except in
          emergency.
          George