Re: 24v-48v Stanfield-Lyons-Finksberg-Cedarbrook-Project Office.

  • Boardwalk One
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
      Ok- now we are making progress. Commendable support !!
      Can we get links or titles to these documents? SEE BELOW MESSAGE:
      Looks like these are no longer avail on coldwarcomms.
      Although good to know Sam has a site with these.

      Found Sam's site, tried to identify these titles and BSPs for the battery plants and chargers. Huge list.....

      Each link brings up the 404 Error message
      from Alcatel Lucent.com

      Kindely advise as applicable.

      73

      Roger!

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Boardwalk One" wrote:

        > Ok- now we are making progress. Commendable support !!
        > Can we get links or titles to these documents? SEE BELOW MESSAGE:
        > Looks like these are no longer avail on coldwarcomms.
        > Although good to know Sam has a site with these.
        >
        > Found Sam's site, tried to identify these titles and BSPs for the battery plants and chargers. Huge list.....
        >
        > Each link brings up the 404 Error message
        > from Alcatel Lucent.com
        >
        > Kindely advise as applicable.
        >
        > 73
        >
        > Roger!

        I believe TCI had it in their documents site( telephonecollectors.info but that's a 404 now; I could send you a copy but outta town til the 13th.
      • charlie Fargis
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
          Dexter be right, David.
          I know I wrote a few KS specs.
          It stands for Kearney(NJ) Specification
          If western made it, it had a ED spec. as in Equipment drawing.
          Many ED's made up J- Specs for a bay of stuff unless it was a custome bay and then we are back to ED.

          You will never find any KS on something manufactured at a Works.

          If a Telco engineer wanted to order thru Western, Western had t have a spec on it.
          Dex , do you still have a Stanley or Excelite KS screwdriver?

          To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
          From: dexter.mc@...
          Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 19:04:44 -0500
          Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: 24v-48v Stanfield-Lyons-Finksberg-Cedarbrook-Project Office.

          David wrote:

          > As I was told, KS numbers were for equipment purchased from external

          > suppliers, not built by Western.

          I don't think that so David. I believe everything build by or built per

          WE specifications had a KS number.

          Dex

          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
            On 2/3/13 4:03 PM, charlie Fargis wrote:
            > Dexter be right, David.
            > I know I wrote a few KS specs.
            > It stands for Kearney(NJ) Specification
            > If western made it, it had a ED spec. as in Equipment drawing.
            > Many ED's made up J- Specs for a bay of stuff unless it was a custome bay and then we are back to ED.
            >
            > You will never find any KS on something manufactured at a Works.
            >
            > If a Telco engineer wanted to order thru Western, Western had t have a spec on it.
            > Dex , do you still have a Stanley or Excelite KS screwdriver?

            OK, I are cornfused.

            Me:
            > > As I was told, KS numbers were for equipment purchased from external
            > > suppliers, not built by Western.

            Dex:

            You said:

            > You will never find any KS on something manufactured at a Works.

            So what did and did not have KS's:

            a) WECO designed & built

            b) WECO designed, but outsourced manufacture

            c) Purchased off-the-shelf.

            ?
          • Dexter McIntyre W4DEX
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
              charlie Fargis wrote:
              > Dex , do you still have a Stanley or Excelite KS screwdriver?

              Yes, of course I do :)
              Among many other KS items.

              Dex
            • Kris Kirby
              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
                On Sun, 3 Feb 2013, Boardwalk One wrote:
                > Ok- now we are making progress. Commendable support !! Can we get
                > links or titles to these documents? SEE BELOW MESSAGE: Looks like
                > these are no longer avail on coldwarcomms. Although good to know Sam
                > has a site with these.
                >
                > Found Sam's site, tried to identify these titles and BSPs for the
                > battery plants and chargers. Huge list.....
                >
                > Each link brings up the 404 Error message from Alcatel Lucent.com
                >
                > Kindely advise as applicable.

                Change the url to something like below:

                http://www3.alcatel-lucent.com/bstj/

                http://www3.alcatel-lucent.com/bstj/vol22-1943/articles/bstj22-1-73.pdf

                --
                Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
                Disinformation Analyst
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
                  >> > Dex , do you still have a Stanley or Excelite KS screwdriver?
                  >> >

                  > Yes, of course I do :)
                  > Among many other KS items

                  Decades ago, a friend ran an installation garage stockroom. Almost
                  everything at his house had gongs: the stapler, the rubber cement, the
                  drills, pencils, the ladder... I'm not sure about the coffee.

                  As a gag, one of his installers briefly parked his truck in Phil's garage,
                  and we took pictures of it. We convinced a few folks that he'd liberated
                  that truck as well.
                • charlie Fargis
                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 4, 2013
                    I tried to research what the KS was for the Simpson 260.
                    Anyone remember its KS#?

                    To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
                    From: wb8foz@...
                    Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 16:26:23 -0500

                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 4, 2013
                      I recall a Simpson KS14510, but not sure if it was the 260.

                      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, charlie Fargis wrote:

                      > I tried to research what the KS was for the Simpson 260.
                      > Anyone remember its KS#?
                      >

                      > To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
                      > From: wb8foz@...
                      > Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 16:26:23 -0500
                      > Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: 24v-48v Stanfield-Lyons-Finksberg-Cedarbrook-Project Office.

                      > > Yes, of course I do :)
                      >
                      > > Among many other KS items
                      >

                      > Decades ago, a friend ran an installation garage stockroom. Almost
                      >
                      > everything at his house had gongs: the stapler, the rubber cement, the
                      >
                      > drills, pencils, the ladder... I'm not sure about the coffee.
                      >

                      > As a gag, one of his installers briefly parked his truck in Phil's garage,
                      >
                      > and we took pictures of it. We convinced a few folks that he'd liberated
                      >
                      > that truck as well.

                    • charlie Fargis
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 4, 2013
                        you are correct they are different