Re: [coldwarcomms] Slightly OT: Exploding The Phone

  • Joe
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2013
      On 2/1/2013 10:03 AM, coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com wrote:
      > 1. Slightly OT: Exploding The Phone
      > Posted by: "Phil Lapsley" phil_cwc@... plapsley2
      > Date: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:13 am ((PST))
      >
      > I hope you all will excuse the slightly off-topic and self-promotional nature of this posting but I think it will be of interest to many folks here.
      >
      > My book, Exploding The Phone: The Untold Story of the Teenagers and Outlaws Who Hacked Ma Bell,

      Hello Phil,

      It's interesting that your web site talks about "blind teenagers"
      hacking the system. When I was in the Air Force Geeia group I was sent
      to Bolling AFB to do a SXS addition. I met a blind central office tech
      there who was amazing. He taught me how to adjust a SXS switch rotary
      pawl without gauges. He told me that he new a blind kid that asked a
      lot of questions about telephone technology and new that he was
      attempting to hack the phone system. He warned him, but the kid kept
      experimenting and I believe he was on of the teenagers who got caught.
      I think the blind switchman was named Horowitz. I have an article
      somewhere from Telephony magazine that told about him.

      Joe