24v-48v Stanfield-Lyons-Finksberg-Cedarbrook-Project Office.

  • Boardwalk One
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 1, 2013
      Where I can I find the manufacturer's systems descriptions or BSP for the 24v-48v charging stations from the Long Liner Main Stations?

      I have gone to Lamarche, Legacy and GE, although these are modern systems. I would be very thankful if I could manage to get some specs from the retired main station battery chargers and station rectifiers. I've got plenty on the round and square batteries, and emergency power, Turbines etc. I'd like to get a better detailed understanding on the equipment electrical systems during normal operations.

      BSP for typical charging stations and rectifiers

      a. Crossbar Toll electrical system
      b. Coax L3, L4, L5 electrical system
      c. Microwave TD2-TH-6A electrical system
      d. AUTOVON electrical system

      At this point I will take whatever I can get and be sure it gets put to good use.

      Thanks-

      ROGER!~
    • brianatt63
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
        Roger,

        I don't know what you're talking about but I own the Lillyville facility and there's at least one of the chargers and a whole 4-drawer filing cabinet filled with manuals and spec sheets for all the components in the building.

        If you can tell me in layman's terms what it is you're looking for, I'll see if I have the info on it.

        Brian

        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Boardwalk One" wrote:

        > Where I can I find the manufacturer's systems descriptions or BSP for the 24v-48v charging stations from the Long Liner Main Stations?
        >
        > I have gone to Lamarche, Legacy and GE, although these are modern systems. I would be very thankful if I could manage to get some specs from the retired main station battery chargers and station rectifiers. I've got plenty on the round and square batteries, and emergency power, Turbines etc. I'd like to get a better detailed understanding on the equipment electrical systems during normal operations.
        >
        > BSP for typical charging stations and rectifiers
        >
        > a. Crossbar Toll electrical system
        > b. Coax L3, L4, L5 electrical system
        > c. Microwave TD2-TH-6A electrical system
        > d. AUTOVON electrical system
        >
        > At this point I will take whatever I can get and be sure it gets put to good use.
        >
        > Thanks-
        >
        > ROGER!~

      • james kester
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
          I think he's looking for a Lorain Manual, which was always present at most of the sites I remember. My guess.

          ________________________________
          I don't know what you're talking about but I own the Lillyville facility and there's at least one of the chargers and a whole 4-drawer filing cabinet filled with manuals and spec sheets for all the components in the building.

          If you can tell me in layman's terms what it is you're looking for, I'll see if I have the info on it.

          Brian

          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Boardwalk One" wrote:

          > Where I can I find the manufacturer's systems descriptions or BSP for the 24v-48v charging stations from the Long Liner Main Stations?
          >
          > I have gone to Lamarche, Legacy and GE, although these are modern systems. I would be very thankful if I could manage to get some specs from the retired main station battery chargers and station rectifiers. I've got plenty on the round and square batteries, and emergency power, Turbines etc. I'd like to get a better detailed understanding on the equipment electrical systems during normal operations.
          >
          > BSP for typical charging stations and rectifiers
          >
          > a. Crossbar Toll electrical system
          > b. Coax L3, L4, L5 electrical system
          > c. Microwave TD2-TH-6A electrical system
          > d. AUTOVON electrical system
          >
          > At this point I will take whatever I can get and be sure it gets put to good use.
          >
          > Thanks-
          >
          > ROGER!~

        • Boardwalk One
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
            Brian and company,

            Thank you for asking. So here is what I need help with:
            IIRC Netcong had 4 or 5 battery stations, Now with that understanding, I am looking for the specs on the chargers/power supplies.

            **Manufacturer's specifications, Make, Model numbers, capacities, etc. for the following systems.

            a. Crossbar Toll electrical system
            b. Coax L3, L4, L5 electrical system
            c. Microwave TD2-TH-6A electrical system
            d. AUTOVON electrical system
            e. Most common Battery types for the hardened sites if available.

            Question? Are there BSP's for the DC charging stations and batteries for the hardened sites?

            Question? Was there typically identical chargers-one for each system, or was there a different charger type for each system.

            That is enough for now.
            I really appreciate any help you can send my way.

            Thanks again.

            Roger~

            --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "brianatt63" wrote:

            > Roger,
            >
            > I don't know what you're talking about but I own the Lillyville facility and there's at least one of the chargers and a whole 4-drawer filing cabinet filled with manuals and spec sheets for all the components in the building.
            >
            > If you can tell me in layman's terms what it is you're looking for, I'll see if I have the info on it.
            >
            > Brian
            >
            > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Boardwalk One" wrote:
            > >
            > > Where I can I find the manufacturer's systems descriptions or BSP for the 24v-48v charging stations from the Long Liner Main Stations?
            > >
            > > I have gone to Lamarche, Legacy and GE, although these are modern systems. I would be very thankful if I could manage to get some specs from the retired main station battery chargers and station rectifiers. I've got plenty on the round and square batteries, and emergency power, Turbines etc. I'd like to get a better detailed understanding on the equipment electrical systems during normal operations.
            > >
            > > BSP for typical charging stations and rectifiers
            > >
            > > a. Crossbar Toll electrical system
            > > b. Coax L3, L4, L5 electrical system
            > > c. Microwave TD2-TH-6A electrical system
            > > d. AUTOVON electrical system
            > >
            > > At this point I will take whatever I can get and be sure it gets put to good use.
            > >
            > > Thanks-
            > >
            > > ROGER!~

          • Boardwalk One
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
              I should be asking about KS model numbers and assuming all charger plants were Western Electric.

              Message 6 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                On 2/2/13 2:16 PM, Boardwalk One wrote:

                > I should be asking about KS model numbers and assuming all charger
                > plants were Western Electric.

                ISTM that if they have KS numbers, they ain't WeCo.

                As I was told, KS numbers were for equipment purchased from external
                suppliers, not built by Western.
              • Boardwalk One
                Message 7 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                  Thanks Dave,

                  I was hoping someone would know about the chargers.

                  Who made them and where I could read up on the specs.
                  I have all I need on the batteries.
                  There is so much to learn here so I probably should be more patient.

                  Perhaps I crossed the line on this one.

                  Very Sorry-

                  roger>

                  Message 8 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                    The WeCo power plants(100,200,300,400,et al series),including rectifiers,are covered in a PacTel power document I posted in files sometime ago; I think Sam Etler has a copy on his site,+ BSP's.

                    There were some KS components in these WeCo plants e.g. motor-generator sets,Anderson switches.

                    --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Boardwalk One" wrote:

                    > Thanks Dave,
                    >
                    > I was hoping someone would know about the chargers.
                    >
                    > Who made them and where I could read up on the specs.
                    > I have all I need on the batteries.
                    > There is so much to learn here so I probably should be more patient.
                    >
                    > Perhaps I crossed the line on this one.
                    >

                    > Very Sorry-
                    >
                    > roger>
                    >

                    > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David wrote:
                    > >
                    > > On 2/2/13 2:16 PM, Boardwalk One wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > I should be asking about KS model numbers and assuming all charger
                    > > > plants were Western Electric.
                    > >

                    > > ISTM that if they have KS numbers, they ain't WeCo.
                    > >
                    > > As I was told, KS numbers were for equipment purchased from external
                    > > suppliers, not built by Western.

                  • Dexter McIntyre W4DEX
                    Message 9 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                      David wrote:

                      > As I was told, KS numbers were for equipment purchased from external
                      > suppliers, not built by Western.

                      I don't think that so David. I believe everything build by or built per
                      WE specifications had a KS number.

                      Dex
                    • Boardwalk One
                      Message 10 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                        Ok- now we are making progress. Commendable support !!
                        Can we get links or titles to these documents? SEE BELOW MESSAGE:
                        Looks like these are no longer avail on coldwarcomms.
                        Although good to know Sam has a site with these.

                        Found Sam's site, tried to identify these titles and BSPs for the battery plants and chargers. Huge list.....

                        Each link brings up the 404 Error message
                        from Alcatel Lucent.com

                        Kindely advise as applicable.

                        73

                        Roger!

                        Message 11 of 19 , Feb 2, 2013
                          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "Boardwalk One" wrote:

                          > Ok- now we are making progress. Commendable support !!
                          > Can we get links or titles to these documents? SEE BELOW MESSAGE:
                          > Looks like these are no longer avail on coldwarcomms.
                          > Although good to know Sam has a site with these.
                          >
                          > Found Sam's site, tried to identify these titles and BSPs for the battery plants and chargers. Huge list.....
                          >
                          > Each link brings up the 404 Error message
                          > from Alcatel Lucent.com
                          >
                          > Kindely advise as applicable.
                          >
                          > 73
                          >
                          > Roger!

                          I believe TCI had it in their documents site( telephonecollectors.info but that's a 404 now; I could send you a copy but outta town til the 13th.
                        • charlie Fargis
                          Message 12 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
                            Dexter be right, David.
                            I know I wrote a few KS specs.
                            It stands for Kearney(NJ) Specification
                            If western made it, it had a ED spec. as in Equipment drawing.
                            Many ED's made up J- Specs for a bay of stuff unless it was a custome bay and then we are back to ED.

                            You will never find any KS on something manufactured at a Works.

                            If a Telco engineer wanted to order thru Western, Western had t have a spec on it.
                            Dex , do you still have a Stanley or Excelite KS screwdriver?

                            To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
                            From: dexter.mc@...
                            Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 19:04:44 -0500

                            Message 13 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
                              On 2/3/13 4:03 PM, charlie Fargis wrote:
                              > Dexter be right, David.
                              > I know I wrote a few KS specs.
                              > It stands for Kearney(NJ) Specification
                              > If western made it, it had a ED spec. as in Equipment drawing.
                              > Many ED's made up J- Specs for a bay of stuff unless it was a custome bay and then we are back to ED.
                              >
                              > You will never find any KS on something manufactured at a Works.
                              >
                              > If a Telco engineer wanted to order thru Western, Western had t have a spec on it.
                              > Dex , do you still have a Stanley or Excelite KS screwdriver?

                              OK, I are cornfused.

                              Me:
                              > > As I was told, KS numbers were for equipment purchased from external
                              > > suppliers, not built by Western.

                              Dex:

                              You said:

                              > You will never find any KS on something manufactured at a Works.

                              So what did and did not have KS's:

                              a) WECO designed & built

                              b) WECO designed, but outsourced manufacture

                              c) Purchased off-the-shelf.

                              ?
                            • Dexter McIntyre W4DEX
                              Message 14 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
                                charlie Fargis wrote:
                                > Dex , do you still have a Stanley or Excelite KS screwdriver?

                                Yes, of course I do :)
                                Among many other KS items.

                                Dex
                              • Kris Kirby
                                Message 15 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
                                  On Sun, 3 Feb 2013, Boardwalk One wrote:
                                  > Ok- now we are making progress. Commendable support !! Can we get
                                  > links or titles to these documents? SEE BELOW MESSAGE: Looks like
                                  > these are no longer avail on coldwarcomms. Although good to know Sam
                                  > has a site with these.
                                  >
                                  > Found Sam's site, tried to identify these titles and BSPs for the
                                  > battery plants and chargers. Huge list.....
                                  >
                                  > Each link brings up the 404 Error message from Alcatel Lucent.com
                                  >
                                  > Kindely advise as applicable.

                                  Change the url to something like below:

                                  http://www3.alcatel-lucent.com/bstj/

                                  http://www3.alcatel-lucent.com/bstj/vol22-1943/articles/bstj22-1-73.pdf

                                  --
                                  Kris Kirby, KE4AHR
                                  Disinformation Analyst
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
                                    >> > Dex , do you still have a Stanley or Excelite KS screwdriver?
                                    >> >

                                    > Yes, of course I do :)
                                    > Among many other KS items

                                    Decades ago, a friend ran an installation garage stockroom. Almost
                                    everything at his house had gongs: the stapler, the rubber cement, the
                                    drills, pencils, the ladder... I'm not sure about the coffee.

                                    As a gag, one of his installers briefly parked his truck in Phil's garage,
                                    and we took pictures of it. We convinced a few folks that he'd liberated
                                    that truck as well.
                                  • charlie Fargis
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Feb 4, 2013
                                      I tried to research what the KS was for the Simpson 260.
                                      Anyone remember its KS#?

                                      To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: wb8foz@...
                                      Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 16:26:23 -0500

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Feb 4, 2013
                                        I recall a Simpson KS14510, but not sure if it was the 260.

                                        --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, charlie Fargis wrote:

                                        > I tried to research what the KS was for the Simpson 260.
                                        > Anyone remember its KS#?
                                        >

                                        > To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
                                        > From: wb8foz@...
                                        > Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 16:26:23 -0500
                                        > Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: 24v-48v Stanfield-Lyons-Finksberg-Cedarbrook-Project Office.

                                        > > Yes, of course I do :)
                                        >
                                        > > Among many other KS items
                                        >

                                        > Decades ago, a friend ran an installation garage stockroom. Almost
                                        >
                                        > everything at his house had gongs: the stapler, the rubber cement, the
                                        >
                                        > drills, pencils, the ladder... I'm not sure about the coffee.
                                        >

                                        > As a gag, one of his installers briefly parked his truck in Phil's garage,
                                        >
                                        > and we took pictures of it. We convinced a few folks that he'd liberated
                                        >
                                        > that truck as well.

                                      • charlie Fargis
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Feb 4, 2013
                                          you are correct they are different