Re: 1950 - White House Communications Truck and More. FBI War Plans 1948-1956

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2013
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "OZOB99" wrote:

      > A non FBI tidbit caught my eye: U S Navy Emergency HQ at Princeton NJ in 1950.
      >
      > Was it on a military reservation, and did it move to Site R when it >was completed; or did it remain later into the Cold War, perhaps as >a "rear" HQ(like the USAF "rear" at Air University at Maxwell AFB).

      Looking further into a possible site for the Navy Emergency HQ in Princeton NJ, I found that there were two USN facilities there after WW2 that may be candidates; one in that favorite relocation venue, a college campus:

      Naval Training School, Princeton University

      National Defense Research Committee, Division 2

      > I've never seen a reference to a USN alternate HQ other than Site R.

      Regarding USN relocation sites, there are mentions of alternate/relocation sites for the Navy High Command and CNO in some documents, but never a hint of a place name; interestingly CINCPAC alternate HQ's have been named in documents, like the Kunia Tunnel and Guam; whereas I've never seen any mention of CINCLANT's alternate locations other than the fact there were "alternate" or "relocation sites" in various documents.