Re: Southern VA mutterings

  • bd6xray@lycos.com
    Message 1 of 46 , Jan 1, 2013
      I believe this is it:
      36 59 19, -77 43 33

      Al Hajny

      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David <wb8foz@...> wrote:

      > > No, going south on US 1 you turned right on a street& made 1 or 2
      > > turns, can't recall details.
      >
      > 40 crosses Rt. 1 and heads into town. There are some others heading N but
      > they don't go far. I was guessing the K would have run along a road, not
      > cross country.
      >
      > > Forgot to add it was a typical 1930's brick repeater building, one
      > > addition I believe for the L; and an adjacent storeroom building for
      > > outside plant maintenance.
      >

      > Still looking. It's mostly residential. There was a railroad through town
      > but it's gone.

    • widebandit
      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 5, 2013
        Good catch - nice term project for a CE grad student but probably not sufficient for a dissertation. At 1/16 scale the model horns were about 15-1/4" tall...

        Minor observation: The pyramidal horn dimensions in Fig. A1 p85 are at odds with KS15676 dimensions given in BSP 402-421-400 Fig. 1 (Fig. 1 is in the KS15676 photo album). To wit: (when was the last time you heard someone say that?) - Fig. A1 shows the horn 1-15/16" taller than the BSP. Lest you think that's no big deal, it's almost 2/3 wavelength at 3,950-MHz. Either the BSP is in error, or someone made a mistake in Fig. A1 of the CSU wind study - whaddya think?

        - wa -