RE: [coldwarcomms] Alexander AK

  • Blake Bowers
    Message 1 of 46 , Jan 1, 2013
      Same building style as at Arkabulta. Mechanical room was on a mezzanine
      over the offices and work rooms, causing the roof to be higher over that
      area. Small hatch from the equipment room out the side of that roof
      extension onto the roof. On the other side of the tower there was another
      hatch where you could access the outer part of the air inlet for the
      generator.

      I refer to the Arkabutla raised area as the rooftop dining area. Access is
      from a short ladder next to the hatch on the outside.

      No underground component.

      _____

      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 5, 2013
        Good catch - nice term project for a CE grad student but probably not sufficient for a dissertation. At 1/16 scale the model horns were about 15-1/4" tall...

        Minor observation: The pyramidal horn dimensions in Fig. A1 p85 are at odds with KS15676 dimensions given in BSP 402-421-400 Fig. 1 (Fig. 1 is in the KS15676 photo album). To wit: (when was the last time you heard someone say that?) - Fig. A1 shows the horn 1-15/16" taller than the BSP. Lest you think that's no big deal, it's almost 2/3 wavelength at 3,950-MHz. Either the BSP is in error, or someone made a mistake in Fig. A1 of the CSU wind study - whaddya think?

        - wa -