Alexander AK

    Message 1 of 46 , Jan 1, 2013
      On 1/1/13 4:22 PM, widebandit wrote:

      > To the best of my knowledge there were fourteen Type-I/J 2-PSI non-tapered tower sites:
      >
      > TD3 field trial - "unitized" building/tower:
      > Alexander Arkansas - Main Station

      <http://toolserver.org/~geohack/geohack.php?params=34_36_05_N_92_26_57_W>

      This site has some other features I noticed....

      Tower built in 1988; that strikes me as late -- when did the move to glass
      kick in? But I see Alexander on older maps....

      A smaller J atop the big J.

      A building addition that's a story taller than the original,
      in effect shadowing the tower in that direction.

      BTW, saw a different name/address for initial contact:

      JANE VAUGHAN
      1200 PEACHTREE ST FLOC15W27
      ATLANTA , GA 30309

      but later it changed to the familiar Ms. Pamela Cheeks...

      These are the two best shots I have found:

      <http://binged.it/TFalhq>
      <http://goo.gl/maps/pHxzv>
    • widebandit
      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 5, 2013
        Good catch - nice term project for a CE grad student but probably not sufficient for a dissertation. At 1/16 scale the model horns were about 15-1/4" tall...

        Minor observation: The pyramidal horn dimensions in Fig. A1 p85 are at odds with KS15676 dimensions given in BSP 402-421-400 Fig. 1 (Fig. 1 is in the KS15676 photo album). To wit: (when was the last time you heard someone say that?) - Fig. A1 shows the horn 1-15/16" taller than the BSP. Lest you think that's no big deal, it's almost 2/3 wavelength at 3,950-MHz. Either the BSP is in error, or someone made a mistake in Fig. A1 of the CSU wind study - whaddya think?

        - wa -