Re: Southern VA mutterings

    Message 1 of 46 , Jan 1, 2013
      Forgot to add it was a typical 1930's brick repeater building, one addition I believe for the L; and an adjacent storeroom building for outside plant maintenance.

      > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David <wb8foz@> wrote:

      > > > 2-3 blocks west of US1 near center of town
      > >

      > > So this was a L4-type Underground with K above?
      >
      > No, L1/L3, from about 1950
      >

      > > Guessing that it would be along Rt 40 but don't see any suspects thus far.
      >
      > No, going south on US 1 you turned right on a street & made 1 or 2 turns, can't recall details.

    • widebandit
      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 5, 2013
        Good catch - nice term project for a CE grad student but probably not sufficient for a dissertation. At 1/16 scale the model horns were about 15-1/4" tall...

        Minor observation: The pyramidal horn dimensions in Fig. A1 p85 are at odds with KS15676 dimensions given in BSP 402-421-400 Fig. 1 (Fig. 1 is in the KS15676 photo album). To wit: (when was the last time you heard someone say that?) - Fig. A1 shows the horn 1-15/16" taller than the BSP. Lest you think that's no big deal, it's almost 2/3 wavelength at 3,950-MHz. Either the BSP is in error, or someone made a mistake in Fig. A1 of the CSU wind study - whaddya think?

        - wa -