Re: Southern VA mutterings

    Message 1 of 46 , Jan 1, 2013
      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David <wb8foz@...> wrote:

      > So I was {virtually} wandering around SW of Richmond.
      >
      > It looks like McKenney was both L & K. Do we know where it is?

      2-3 blocks west of US1 near center of town

      > Mosley had a J-type tower. Have were ever figured out why some sites had
      > them vice more conventional tapered ones? BTW, I see in the 80's, Mosley
      > got a bunch of "digits over coax" - P140.

      That was coax route to Norfolk.

      > I have a note that Dewitt was an equalizer for L4; but don't see that.

      IIRC that was a regen on the P140(L4 cable) above.

      > Rather it's a TD2 site with two ASN's: 1024227 & 1261576 on same tower, one
      > AT&T, the other a new owner. (Oops.) Are there 2 discontiguous sites both
      > called Dewitt?

      I think there was a "Dewitt" fiber nub near the tower, circa 1980's.

      > Oilville has changed ownership a half-dozen times since L-L....

    • widebandit
      Message 46 of 46 , Jan 5, 2013
        Good catch - nice term project for a CE grad student but probably not sufficient for a dissertation. At 1/16 scale the model horns were about 15-1/4" tall...

        Minor observation: The pyramidal horn dimensions in Fig. A1 p85 are at odds with KS15676 dimensions given in BSP 402-421-400 Fig. 1 (Fig. 1 is in the KS15676 photo album). To wit: (when was the last time you heard someone say that?) - Fig. A1 shows the horn 1-15/16" taller than the BSP. Lest you think that's no big deal, it's almost 2/3 wavelength at 3,950-MHz. Either the BSP is in error, or someone made a mistake in Fig. A1 of the CSU wind study - whaddya think?

        - wa -