Re: [coldwarcomms] AT&T Tower at Baton Rouge LA "Main" Removed?

  • Mark J. Cuccia
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
      On Mon, 12/3/12, <widebandit at yahoo.com> wrote:

      > For those who wish to see...
      >
      > Baton Rouge [Main]:
      > <http://binged.it/Stl3qC>
      >
      > [New Orleans] Broadmoor:
      > <http://binged.it/TyFwJi>
      >
      > Albert LaFrance has also posted pictures of a 'horn-raising'
      > at [New Orleans] Broadmoor on his Places and Routes page:
      > <http://long-lines.net/places-routes/index.html>
      >
      > - wa -

      Thanks for the links to the Bing pics...

      But when were those pics taken?!
      (esp. the Baton Rouge "Main")

      BTW, the pic at Bing of Baton Rouge "Goodwood" (566 Lobdell Ave)
      does show a smaller MW-tower and horns. But again, I don't know
      when that pic was taken -- if that tower (or at least horns) are
      still there.

      mjc
    • widebandit
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 3, 2012
        That's interesting - Google has very clear street-views of 566 Lobdell...

        The tower looks to be a 300' Type-H with the top 50-ft omitted - that is; it's the lower 250-ft of a 300-ft Type-H...

        - wa -