Nassau

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2012
      <http://techchannel.att.com/play-video.cfm/2012/4/9/AT&T-Archives-Nassau-Recycling-Corp>

      Timing is everything...

      AT&T built a new metal recycling plant in South Carolina, only to have the
      Labs create fiber...

      <http://techchannel.att.com/play-video.cfm/2011/10/12/AT&T-Archives-Scrap>

      You'll cry as you recognize much of the gear getting graunched. Wonder how
      many TD-2 racks went there.
    • s82917
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2012
        There are still a few TD-2 radio bays around here and there, it's probable that some will survive intact for the forseeable future. I wish there were more efforts by groups and individuals to preserve examples of such equipment, though.

        Coincidentally a few weeks ago I picked up a complete TH-1 repeater bay. 100% vacuum tube technology. Thieves had previously cut some of the waveguide out of it, unfortunately.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2012
          On 12/2/12 8:41 PM, s82917 wrote:

          > I wish there were more efforts by groups and individuals to preserve
          > examples of such equipment, though.

          Such as the 1A2 I am still using?