Re: Julian - Any underground facilities in or near San Diego, CA?

  • widebandit
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 8, 2012
      To my knowledge Julian was an above ground microwave junction station also housing an AUTOVON switch.

      The building is identical in construction to those at Delta Utah, Scipio Pass Utah, Topaz Lake Nevada, and Noble Oklahoma among others. There may have been a basement DC power room.

      The tower is a 162.5ft Type-L with upper-deck and outrigger platforms supporting fifteen or so KS15676 and conical horns.

      Bing Maps has good overhead but no Bird's eye view:
      http://binged.it/SyAY5c

      There is also some info on thecentraloffice.com website:
      http://www.thecentraloffice.com/Microwave/SCMW1.htm

      Scroll to the bottom of the page - waw -