Re: [coldwarcomms] Armstrong Burial At Sea

  • Mike Cowen
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 11, 2012
      A play on words. Repugnant Republicans.

      Mike

      At 08:12 PM 10/11/2012, you wrote:

      >"repugs"?

    • Matt Ashe
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 11, 2012
        In the course of civil communications, I would suggest that we leave
        politics at the door and don’t drag them in here. Nothing good can come from
        that.

        73,

        Matt

        KI6NCU

        >Hey, its election year, he HAD to do something classy, or the repugs
        >would of been all over him.
        >
        >Mike Cowen wrote:
        > > Many thanks!
        > >
        > > I was looking for something related, and found
        > > much more info, and a truly honorable thing Obama
        > > did here:
        > <http://www.neilarmstronginfo.com>http://www.neilarmstronginfo.com
        > >
        > > Mike
        > >

        > > At 12:33 PM 10/9/2012, you wrote:
        > >
        > >> Youre welcome. I Thought someone here would like it.

        <<mailto:blitz716%40sonic.net>;<mailto:blitz716%40sonic.net>blitz716@sonic.n
        et <mailto:blitz716%40sonic.net> >

        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 11, 2012
          In the course of my original comments, what I
          said was not intended as a political commentary,
          but an acknowledgement of what the President did
          to acknowledge a fallen American Hero.

          As for the term "repugs" I was not the one to
          invoke the term in any context other than to
          define it for a confused list member after the
          fact. I might have noted it to be a derogatory term.

          Mike

          At 10:44 PM 10/11/2012, you wrote:

          >In the course of civil communications, I would suggest that we leave
          >politics at the door and don’t drag them in here. Nothing good can come from
          >that.
          >
          >73,
          >
          >Matt
          >
          >KI6NCU

        • blitz716
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 12, 2012
            ACTUALLY. IT WAS A TYPO... SHOULD OF BEEN REPUBS.
            Youre all too touchy...

            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 12, 2012
              typo, didnt see it till you mentioned it.

              SLong44962@... wrote:
              > "repugs"?

            • Facility 406 DM09
              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 13, 2012
                "SHOULD OF BEEN REPUBS."

                As in Repube-icans? The opposite of Democraps?

                Kurt
              • blitz716
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 13, 2012
                  DemoncRATS, RepuglicRATS, same thing, same mentality, no difference.(grin)

                  Facility 406 DM09 wrote:
                  > "SHOULD OF BEEN REPUBS."
                  >
                  > As in Repube-icans? The opposite of Democraps?
                  >
                  > Kurt

                • John W.
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 13, 2012
                    I would suggest that folks who aren't happy here should move to where there are more freedoms and choices. Perhaps Venezuela? Or maybe Afghanistan? Iran, Iraq, Libya, etc, etc.

                    --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, blitz716 <blitz716@...> wrote:

                    > DemoncRATS, RepuglicRATS, same thing, same mentality, no difference.(grin)
                    >
                    > Facility 406 DM09 wrote:
                    > > "SHOULD OF BEEN REPUBS."
                    > >
                    > > As in Repube-icans? The opposite of Democraps?
                    > >
                    > > Kurt

                  • Facility 406 DM09
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 13, 2012
                      "I would suggest that folks who aren't happy here should move to where there
                      are more freedoms and choices. Perhaps Venezuela? Or maybe Afghanistan?
                      Iran, Iraq, Libya, etc, etc."

                      None of us said we weren't happy here, but you sure sound bitter, must be
                      the heat where you are... You are also wrong, the places you mention do not
                      have more freedoms or choices. I thought everyone knew that.

                      Kurt
                    • Mike Cowen
                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 13, 2012
                        Apparently the concept of sarcasm is lost on you. Apologies.

                        Mike

                        At 06:33 PM 10/13/2012, you wrote:

                        >"I would suggest that folks who aren't happy here should move to where there
                        >are more freedoms and choices. Perhaps Venezuela? Or maybe Afghanistan?
                        >Iran, Iraq, Libya, etc, etc."
                        >
                        >None of us said we weren't happy here, but you sure sound bitter, must be
                        >the heat where you are... You are also wrong, the places you mention do not
                        >have more freedoms or choices. I thought everyone knew that.
                        >
                        >Kurt

                      • Jim
                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 14, 2012
                          Disappointing that politics has reared it's head in this group.

                          I'm not aware of any Cold War Comms activity by the Democratic or Republican parties.

                          The only value of this group is that it (usually) stays on topic. If I wanted politics, I'd try any of ten thousand other groups or forums, most of which have much better political discourse.

                          Please keep it to Cold War or communication issues.

                          In twenty years, when it's declassified, we can discuss what CW Comms changes happened on President Obama's watch.
                        • james kester
                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 14, 2012
                            Blood, Tears, Sacrifice, You?

                            ________________________________
                            Apparently the concept of sarcasm is lost on you. Apologies.

                            Mike

                            At 06:33 PM 10/13/2012, you wrote:

                            >"I would suggest that folks who aren't happy here should move to where there
                            >are more freedoms and choices. Perhaps Venezuela? Or maybe Afghanistan?
                            >Iran, Iraq, Libya, etc, etc."
                            >
                            >None of us said we weren't happy here, but you sure sound bitter, must be
                            >the heat where you are... You are also wrong, the places you mention do not
                            >have more freedoms or choices. I thought everyone knew that.
                            >
                            >Kurt

                          • Mike Cowen
                            Message 13 of 22 , Oct 14, 2012
                              And that has what to do with the concept of sarcasm?

                              Mike

                              At 04:42 PM 10/14/2012, you wrote:

                              >Blood, Tears, Sacrifice, You?
                              >
                              >________________________________

                            • Mike Cowen
                              Message 14 of 22 , Oct 14, 2012
                                Mr. Burks,

                                I can agree this is no place for political mudslinging.

                                However, by claiming "I'm not aware of any Cold
                                War Comms activity by the Democratic or
                                Republican parties." you are completely
                                overlooking that virtually ALL U.S. Cold War
                                Comms conceived/operated/funded by, or on behalf
                                of the U.S. Government were fundamentally done so
                                by proud members of the Democratic or Republican
                                parties (given the era involved). It's always
                                been there. To eliminate any such references or
                                implications to do with the Democratic or
                                Republican parties would eliminate discussion of
                                ANY and ALL government activity. You simply
                                cannot separate the political parties that
                                comprise government without excluding the
                                government itself. That would leave us with just
                                about nothing to discuss besides BSPs for floor
                                waxing or the dreaded electric toilet.

                                You also have to overlook your own comment about
                                the "noise" as being part of the same noise. As
                                is the case with most groups, if you don't like
                                what's being discussed, don't bitch about it,
                                simply discuss something appropriate you'd prefer
                                to discuss. Add something useful to a relevant
                                topic, or start a new thread. Please! That has
                                a powerful, and more productive impact on the
                                signal to noise ratio. I'm NOT trying to pick a
                                fight here, but your last post was just over a
                                year ago, and contained a useful link and a
                                complaint about not being on topic. I'd call
                                that one a wash. You have experience in
                                SATCOM. Tell us something about it as you have
                                in the past. Add something new, relevant, and
                                perhaps exciting to discuss. Be your own part of the solution!

                                Mike

                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 14, 2012
                                  : Apparently the concept of sarcasm is lost on you. Apologies.

                                  Not at all! Hilarious.

                                  Kurt