Re: [coldwarcomms] Armstrong Burial At Sea

  • SLong44962@aol.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 11, 2012
      "repugs"?

      -----Original Message-----
      From: blitz716 <blitz716@...>
      To: coldwarcomms <coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tue, Oct 9, 2012 2:57 pm
      Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] Armstrong Burial At Sea

      Hey, its election year, he HAD to do something classy, or the repugs
      would of been all over him.

      Mike Cowen wrote:
      > Many thanks!
      >
      > I was looking for something related, and found
      > much more info, and a truly honorable thing Obama
      > did here: http://www.neilarmstronginfo.com
      >
      > Mike
      >

      > At 12:33 PM 10/9/2012, you wrote:
      >
      >> Youre welcome. I Thought someone here would like it.
      >>
      >> james kester wrote:
      >>
      >>> Thank you for that!
      >>>

      >>> ________________________________

    • Mike Cowen
      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 11, 2012
        A play on words. Repugnant Republicans.

        Mike

        At 08:12 PM 10/11/2012, you wrote:

        >"repugs"?

      • Matt Ashe
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 11, 2012
          In the course of civil communications, I would suggest that we leave
          politics at the door and don’t drag them in here. Nothing good can come from
          that.

          73,

          Matt

          KI6NCU

          >Hey, its election year, he HAD to do something classy, or the repugs
          >would of been all over him.
          >
          >Mike Cowen wrote:
          > > Many thanks!
          > >
          > > I was looking for something related, and found
          > > much more info, and a truly honorable thing Obama
          > > did here:
          > <http://www.neilarmstronginfo.com>http://www.neilarmstronginfo.com
          > >
          > > Mike
          > >

          > > At 12:33 PM 10/9/2012, you wrote:
          > >
          > >> Youre welcome. I Thought someone here would like it.

          <<mailto:blitz716%40sonic.net>;<mailto:blitz716%40sonic.net>blitz716@sonic.n
          et <mailto:blitz716%40sonic.net> >

          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 11, 2012
            In the course of my original comments, what I
            said was not intended as a political commentary,
            but an acknowledgement of what the President did
            to acknowledge a fallen American Hero.

            As for the term "repugs" I was not the one to
            invoke the term in any context other than to
            define it for a confused list member after the
            fact. I might have noted it to be a derogatory term.

            Mike

            At 10:44 PM 10/11/2012, you wrote:

            >In the course of civil communications, I would suggest that we leave
            >politics at the door and don’t drag them in here. Nothing good can come from
            >that.
            >
            >73,
            >
            >Matt
            >
            >KI6NCU

          • blitz716
            Message 5 of 22 , Oct 12, 2012
              ACTUALLY. IT WAS A TYPO... SHOULD OF BEEN REPUBS.
              Youre all too touchy...

              Message 6 of 22 , Oct 12, 2012
                typo, didnt see it till you mentioned it.

                SLong44962@... wrote:
                > "repugs"?

              • Facility 406 DM09
                Message 7 of 22 , Oct 13, 2012
                  "SHOULD OF BEEN REPUBS."

                  As in Repube-icans? The opposite of Democraps?

                  Kurt
                • blitz716
                  Message 8 of 22 , Oct 13, 2012
                    DemoncRATS, RepuglicRATS, same thing, same mentality, no difference.(grin)

                    Facility 406 DM09 wrote:
                    > "SHOULD OF BEEN REPUBS."
                    >
                    > As in Repube-icans? The opposite of Democraps?
                    >
                    > Kurt

                  • John W.
                    Message 9 of 22 , Oct 13, 2012
                      I would suggest that folks who aren't happy here should move to where there are more freedoms and choices. Perhaps Venezuela? Or maybe Afghanistan? Iran, Iraq, Libya, etc, etc.

                      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, blitz716 <blitz716@...> wrote:

                      > DemoncRATS, RepuglicRATS, same thing, same mentality, no difference.(grin)
                      >
                      > Facility 406 DM09 wrote:
                      > > "SHOULD OF BEEN REPUBS."
                      > >
                      > > As in Repube-icans? The opposite of Democraps?
                      > >
                      > > Kurt

                    • Facility 406 DM09
                      Message 10 of 22 , Oct 13, 2012
                        "I would suggest that folks who aren't happy here should move to where there
                        are more freedoms and choices. Perhaps Venezuela? Or maybe Afghanistan?
                        Iran, Iraq, Libya, etc, etc."

                        None of us said we weren't happy here, but you sure sound bitter, must be
                        the heat where you are... You are also wrong, the places you mention do not
                        have more freedoms or choices. I thought everyone knew that.

                        Kurt
                      • Mike Cowen
                        Message 11 of 22 , Oct 13, 2012
                          Apparently the concept of sarcasm is lost on you. Apologies.

                          Mike

                          At 06:33 PM 10/13/2012, you wrote:

                          >"I would suggest that folks who aren't happy here should move to where there
                          >are more freedoms and choices. Perhaps Venezuela? Or maybe Afghanistan?
                          >Iran, Iraq, Libya, etc, etc."
                          >
                          >None of us said we weren't happy here, but you sure sound bitter, must be
                          >the heat where you are... You are also wrong, the places you mention do not
                          >have more freedoms or choices. I thought everyone knew that.
                          >
                          >Kurt

                        • Jim
                          Message 12 of 22 , Oct 14, 2012
                            Disappointing that politics has reared it's head in this group.

                            I'm not aware of any Cold War Comms activity by the Democratic or Republican parties.

                            The only value of this group is that it (usually) stays on topic. If I wanted politics, I'd try any of ten thousand other groups or forums, most of which have much better political discourse.

                            Please keep it to Cold War or communication issues.

                            In twenty years, when it's declassified, we can discuss what CW Comms changes happened on President Obama's watch.
                          • james kester
                            Message 13 of 22 , Oct 14, 2012
                              Blood, Tears, Sacrifice, You?

                              ________________________________
                              Apparently the concept of sarcasm is lost on you. Apologies.

                              Mike

                              At 06:33 PM 10/13/2012, you wrote:

                              >"I would suggest that folks who aren't happy here should move to where there
                              >are more freedoms and choices. Perhaps Venezuela? Or maybe Afghanistan?
                              >Iran, Iraq, Libya, etc, etc."
                              >
                              >None of us said we weren't happy here, but you sure sound bitter, must be
                              >the heat where you are... You are also wrong, the places you mention do not
                              >have more freedoms or choices. I thought everyone knew that.
                              >
                              >Kurt

                            • Mike Cowen
                              Message 14 of 22 , Oct 14, 2012
                                And that has what to do with the concept of sarcasm?

                                Mike

                                At 04:42 PM 10/14/2012, you wrote:

                                >Blood, Tears, Sacrifice, You?
                                >
                                >________________________________

                              • Mike Cowen
                                Message 15 of 22 , Oct 14, 2012
                                  Mr. Burks,

                                  I can agree this is no place for political mudslinging.

                                  However, by claiming "I'm not aware of any Cold
                                  War Comms activity by the Democratic or
                                  Republican parties." you are completely
                                  overlooking that virtually ALL U.S. Cold War
                                  Comms conceived/operated/funded by, or on behalf
                                  of the U.S. Government were fundamentally done so
                                  by proud members of the Democratic or Republican
                                  parties (given the era involved). It's always
                                  been there. To eliminate any such references or
                                  implications to do with the Democratic or
                                  Republican parties would eliminate discussion of
                                  ANY and ALL government activity. You simply
                                  cannot separate the political parties that
                                  comprise government without excluding the
                                  government itself. That would leave us with just
                                  about nothing to discuss besides BSPs for floor
                                  waxing or the dreaded electric toilet.

                                  You also have to overlook your own comment about
                                  the "noise" as being part of the same noise. As
                                  is the case with most groups, if you don't like
                                  what's being discussed, don't bitch about it,
                                  simply discuss something appropriate you'd prefer
                                  to discuss. Add something useful to a relevant
                                  topic, or start a new thread. Please! That has
                                  a powerful, and more productive impact on the
                                  signal to noise ratio. I'm NOT trying to pick a
                                  fight here, but your last post was just over a
                                  year ago, and contained a useful link and a
                                  complaint about not being on topic. I'd call
                                  that one a wash. You have experience in
                                  SATCOM. Tell us something about it as you have
                                  in the past. Add something new, relevant, and
                                  perhaps exciting to discuss. Be your own part of the solution!

                                  Mike

                                  Message 16 of 22 , Oct 14, 2012
                                    : Apparently the concept of sarcasm is lost on you. Apologies.

                                    Not at all! Hilarious.

                                    Kurt