Re: [coldwarcomms] Re: first TE series Mt. Wilson microwave test - needed inf...

  • COURYHOUSE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 17, 2012
      Thanks Terry! I would appreciate it... there are like maint ones and
      operator ones I think.. I am not used to BSP system of numbering so
      appreciate any help and guidance

      In a message dated 7/17/2012 6:36:00 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
      s82917@... writes:

      It is still possible to buy BSP's from Alcatel/Lucent, although in order
      to do so you need to be registered with the company as a customer. I've done
      it, but it was complicated and required several attempts before I was
      successful.

      I can look up the BSP numbers for TE1 and TE2 radio if you need them.

      Terry

      --- In _coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com_ (mailto:coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com)
      , COURYHOUSE@... wrote:

      > Bell system TE series short haul microwave
      >
      > Need Bell practices - for TE-1 TE-2 microwave practices in case
      > anyone has them...
      > and of course if anyone has part of the microwave system we can use that
      > also. we have all KD Smith's hand written notebooks from the first
      > TE series Mt. Wilson test.... good Bell history but also good broadcast
      > TV history.
      >
      > Also if by chance any one is still alive here from that era that
      > participated in these tests we would like to interview you. If you had
      any
      > contact with this system we probably need to talk to you!
      >
      > thanks ed sharpe _www.smecc.org_ (_http://www.smecc.org_
      (http://www.smecc.org/) )

    • s82917
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 22, 2012
        This is taken from a catalog of BSP's that's about 20 years old, so some of the listings may no longer be available.

        TE1 Microwave radio
        409-100-100 Description, overall system
        409-100-500 Tests

        TE1 Transmitter
        409-110-100 Description
        409-100-500 Tests

        TE1 Receiver
        409-120-100 Description
        409-120-500 Tests

        I'll post the corresponding TE2 titles tomorrow.

      • COURYHOUSE@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 22, 2012
          excellent
          !!!!

          many thanks !!

          they key is knowing what something is called or a title then you can ask
          for it!!

          Ed

          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 23, 2012
            Here are the BSP's for TE-2 radio:

            409-130-100* TE-2 transmitter, description
            409-130-330* TE-2 transmitter, periodic tests
            409-130-500* TE-2 transmitter, tests
            409-130-501 Modification for NTSC color

            409-140-100 TE-2 receiver, description
            409-140-500 TE-2 receiver, tests
            409-140-501 Mod. for improved operation & maintenance
            409-140-502 Mod. for NTSC color

            409-150-100* TE-A1 amplifier, description
            409-150-500 TE-A1 amplifier, tests

            The BSP's marked with a * are ones that I have in my files.

            The TE-A1 amplifier is interesting, it consisted of a packaged two stage 416 vacuum tube amplifier and a variable attenuator. Its purpose was not to increase the transmitted RF power, but rather to isolate the TE transmitter klystron from reflections in the antenna or transmission line. The BSP is dated April 1951, well before the ferrite isolator became available.

            Terry