first TE series Mt. Wilson microwave test - needed info/parts/anything

  • COURYHOUSE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 15, 2012
      Bell system TE series short haul microwave

      Need Bell practices - for TE-1 TE-2 microwave practices in case
      anyone has them...
      and of course if anyone has part of the microwave system we can use that
      also. we have all KD Smith's hand written notebooks from the first
      TE series Mt. Wilson test.... good Bell history but also good broadcast
      TV history.

      Also if by chance any one is still alive here from that era that
      participated in these tests we would like to interview you. If you had any
      contact with this system we probably need to talk to you!

      thanks ed sharpe _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

    • rojoha@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 17, 2012
        Lots of fascinating stuff on this site about the NIKE family of missile bases under '  NIKE SITES '

        at top of SMECC home page.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 17, 2012
          It is still possible to buy BSP's from Alcatel/Lucent, although in order to do so you need to be registered with the company as a customer. I've done it, but it was complicated and required several attempts before I was successful.

          I can look up the BSP numbers for TE1 and TE2 radio if you need them.

          Terry