Re: Video: 1996 demolition of ITT microwave test tower, Nutley, NJ

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 13, 2012
      Here is a reference to the Nutley-Southampton tropo shot; anyone know if the Southampton location was an IT&T facility or Canadian military?

      Snippet from a 1985 doc:

      http://www.dtic.mil/docs/citations/ADA155563

      "In 1955, ITT Corporation of the United States established the world's first troposcatter communication-link between Nutley, N.Y. and Southampton, Canada, marking the beginning period of its application. From that time on, it became a reliable means of communication and was improved continuously for the next thirty years."