Re: [coldwarcomms] Digest Number 690

  • Daryl R. Gibson
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 8, 2001
      How could it be lightning proof? Certainly, there's no DTMF keypad
      to blow away, and no electronics (to speak of) to burn out,
      but if lightning were to hit the line, that dial won't
      help. ;-)

      Daryl
      (who loves old phones, but doesn't have any with dials anymore).

      joecheck@... wrote:

      > At 06:43 AM 11/8/01 , you wrote:
      > >the clunky single line rotary phones were pretty prevalent.
      >
      > HEY, I still have one in my kitchen, works good, lasts a long time,
      > lightning proof......
      >
      > Joe

      Daryl R. Gibson
      drgibson@... http://www.drgibson.com