RE: [coldwarcomms] Re: Digest Number 4094

  • charlie Fargis
    Message 1 of 9 , May 28, 2012
      consume mass quantites of shredded swine flesh bovine meat blob and bovine lactate along the way

      To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
      From: widebandit@...
      Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 08:34:41 +0000
      Subject: [coldwarcomms] Re: Digest Number 4094

      Closest approach to Omps on Highway 68 would be the bend about a mile or so east of Exit 64 - line of sight to Omps is 14.6 mi to the SSW...

      <http://tinyurl.com/Hwy68-Omps>

      You'll have to zoom back in when the distance calculator app comes up...

      At that point you're sitting just shy of 1000' elevation - Omps is about 2,350' with the intervening Sideling Hill ridgeline at 1,700-1,800' a little more than halfway to Omps...

      Took a Google Street view trip eastbound on that stretch of 68 - there's an awful lot of trees to the south...

      Could be visible - but it's a fairly long shot...

      Omps had a hop WNW to Frostburg as well as two hops NE to Hagerstown and Clear Spring - both of which are well east of the Sideling Cut...

      The only other Long-Lines Radio-Relay station in the area between Frostburg and Omps is Chaneysville to the north in Pennsylvania...

      Don't let yourself get spoiled by GPS - lest you forget about proven Ye Olde Asphalte Compasse technology providing plenty of mile marker and highway exit way-points. These may be easily captured to memory by means of a graphite symbol manipulator stylus applied to a high-reliablity wood-pulp thin-film eraser-able flat screen. These are intuitive devices requiring very little power to operate yet, in the hands of skilled operators, capable of producing high-resolution grey-scale or color graphics images with memory persistence measured in decades (clip-board docking station sold separately)...

      Both complete and working images are stored note-pad style in consectutive order. One may recall any image by simple page manipulation. Images may also be detached and manually transferred to more conventional note-book or file-folder technology - they may even be pasted (or taped) into [onto] any convenient window...

      - waw -