Re: New Here

  • ozob99@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 23, 2001
      --- In coldwarcomms@y..., Allen Dulles <AllenDulles@a...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the references. Unfortunately, neither appears to
      contain the construction date.

      > Harvey S.

      OK, the 1974 date i glanced at was a refurbishing date then; i'd
      guess late 50's/early 60's since "Ike" initiated most doomsday
      bunkers.

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • scottnbr@net-link.net
      Message 2 of 5 , May 7, 2002
        Hello, everyone. I'm new here, I don't want to deviate too much from
        the topics already being discussed. I'm currently a college student,
        trying to finish getting my Cisco certification. I'm transferring to
        a major university next fall and I'm hoping that some of you all are
        currently employed in the telecom industry so you can answer my
        questions. I was looking at going into Telecom Management program,
        which is a communications degree since it has classes about
        switches/pbx's, satellite communications, etc. I would like to get
        into network engineering, dealing with fiber, satellite, international
        communications, etc. Anyone here majored in this degree? What kind
        of work can I get with a bachelor's in telecom management or do I have
        to get into electrical engineering, which I prefer not to, in order to
        get into network design and engineering with a company such as AT&T,
        Cable & Wireless, etc.? What are everyone's expereiences in the
        telecom industry and what, if any education background do you have?

        Thanks for any advice.
        Scott