Re: [coldwarcomms] I270

    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 2 9:29 AM
      On 4/1/12 9:06 PM, Marc's Yahoo Account (original) wrote:

      > Actually towers I'm thinking of on ridge line are off Route 70 not 270

      My buddy thinks this might be the location I have in mind. Anyone recognize it?

      <http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9evs8>
    • Marc's Yahoo Account (original)
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 2 6:25 PM
        That's probably Quiriuk mountain

        Sent from my iPad

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 2 6:32 PM
          On 4/2/12 9:25 PM, Marc's Yahoo Account (original) wrote:

          > <http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9evs8>

          > That's probably Quiriuk mountain

          What site name am I seeking?

          Or is that not a ex-LL tower~ centered?
        • charlie Fargis
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 3 3:58 PM
            Germantown had TD-2 too

            To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
            From: cappy755@...
            Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 21:01:47 -0400
            Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] I270

            In Urbana it would be Monrovia but I don't think it's Visible from 270. There are a couple sites coming down 15 that support govt. also former Comsat facility with SAT dishes visible from 270 in Clarksburg.

            Sent from my iPad

          • rjfrank1@ymail.com
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 27 9:05 PM
              David,

              For what it's worth, here is my best guess...

              Yellow Springs, MD (YLSPMDQ0010)

              39°29'37.60"N, 77°29'54.20"W

              http://long-lines.net/places-routes/Yellow_Springs/index.html

              Good view in Bing (Bird's Eye) of Yellow Springs tower and surrounding
              antenna farm.

              RJFrank

              --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David <wb8foz@...> wrote:

              > On 4/2/12 9:25 PM, Marc's Yahoo Account (original) wrote:
              >
              > > <http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9evs8>
              >
              > > That's probably Quiriuk mountain
              >
              > What site name am I seeking?
              >
              > Or is that not a ex-LL tower~ centered?

            • bbowers311
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 28 7:37 AM
                The link is gone before I could look....

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 28 11:29 PM

                  On 4/28/12 10:37 AM, bbowers311 wrote:
                  > The link is gone before I could look....

                  It just worked for me.