RE: [coldwarcomms] I270

  • charlie Fargis
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 1 5:55 PM
      where on 270 as in what town

      To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
      From: wb8foz@...
      Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 20:35:52 -0400
      Subject: [coldwarcomms] I270

      When coming down I-270 into DC; which site is to the east on the ridgeline?

    • Marc's Yahoo Account (original)
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 1 6:01 PM
        In Urbana it would be Monrovia but I don't think it's Visible from 270. There are a couple sites coming down 15 that support govt. also former Comsat facility with SAT dishes visible from 270 in Clarksburg.

        Sent from my iPad

        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 1 6:06 PM
          Actually towers I'm thinking of on ridge line are off Route 70 not 270

          Sent from my iPad

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 1 6:21 PM
            On 4/1/12 8:55 PM, charlie Fargis wrote:

            > where on 270 as in what town

            Not exactly sure, but coming down through Frederick to the Beltway, there's
            a point where you look east and see an array of towers on the ridgeline.
            One of those is a classic L-L one. It may be 70 N. of Frederick.

            I'm usually driving and not thinking L-L enough ahead to get a GPS waypoint
            etc.
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 2 9:29 AM
              On 4/1/12 9:06 PM, Marc's Yahoo Account (original) wrote:

              > Actually towers I'm thinking of on ridge line are off Route 70 not 270

              My buddy thinks this might be the location I have in mind. Anyone recognize it?

              <http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9evs8>
            • Marc's Yahoo Account (original)
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 2 6:25 PM
                That's probably Quiriuk mountain

                Sent from my iPad

                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 2 6:32 PM
                  On 4/2/12 9:25 PM, Marc's Yahoo Account (original) wrote:

                  > <http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9evs8>

                  > That's probably Quiriuk mountain

                  What site name am I seeking?

                  Or is that not a ex-LL tower~ centered?
                • charlie Fargis
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 3 3:58 PM
                    Germantown had TD-2 too

                    To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
                    From: cappy755@...
                    Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 21:01:47 -0400
                    Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] I270

                  • rjfrank1@ymail.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 27 9:05 PM
                      David,

                      For what it's worth, here is my best guess...

                      Yellow Springs, MD (YLSPMDQ0010)

                      39°29'37.60"N, 77°29'54.20"W

                      http://long-lines.net/places-routes/Yellow_Springs/index.html

                      Good view in Bing (Bird's Eye) of Yellow Springs tower and surrounding
                      antenna farm.

                      RJFrank

                      --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David <wb8foz@...> wrote:

                      > On 4/2/12 9:25 PM, Marc's Yahoo Account (original) wrote:
                      >
                      > > <http://www.sendspace.com/file/g9evs8>
                      >
                      > > That's probably Quiriuk mountain
                      >
                      > What site name am I seeking?
                      >
                      > Or is that not a ex-LL tower~ centered?

                    • bbowers311
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 28 7:37 AM
                        The link is gone before I could look....

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 28 11:29 PM

                          On 4/28/12 10:37 AM, bbowers311 wrote:
                          > The link is gone before I could look....

                          It just worked for me.