NYTimes.com Article: 'We Have Some Planes,' Hijacker Told Controller

  • mwj116@psu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 15, 2001
      This article from NYTimes.com
      has been sent to you by mwj116@....

      The last paragraph of this article says that someone from the Secret Service came up on a Norad frequency and ordered the jets scrambled to Washington on the 11th of September to "protect the White House at all costs." Very interesting and chilling article.

      mwj116@...

      'We Have Some Planes,' Hijacker Told Controller

      October 16, 2001

      By MATTHEW L. WALD with KEVIN SACK

      Transcripts of the communications between pilots and
      controllers capture the dawning awareness of the terror in
      cockpits and control centers.

      http://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/16/national/16PLAN.html?ex=1004203240&ei=1&en=436b435f59a7ada9

      HOW TO ADVERTISE
      New York Times on the Web, please contact Alyson
      Racer at alyson@... or visit our online media
      kit at http://www.nytimes.com/adinfo

      help@....

      Copyright 2001 The New York Times Company