AT&T Yellow Springs, MD

  • albertjlafrance@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 22 10:22 PM
      I've posted a web page about the former AT&T microwave relay station at
      Yellow Springs, MD:

      http://www19.addr.com/~longline/places-routes/Yellow_Springs/index.html

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2004
        Terry Michaels contributed a correction for this site, noting that the
        station was never furnished with horn-reflector antennas; instead, the
        original delay-lens antennas were upgraded to 10-ft. shielded parabolics in
        the 1980s due to the problem of moisture accumulation in the antennas'
        polystyrene-foam elements.

        I've updated my Yellow Springs page to include this correction, along with
        two photos Terry provided showing the tower with the parabolic antennas (and
        the adjacent Western Union station with its tower-top cabin):
        http://long-lines.net/places-routes/Yellow_Springs/index.html