Bloomfield MO

  • Blake Bowers
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
      Just a question for the think tank out there.

      I have a number of towers where the local exchange carrier, such as SWBT had
      dishes on it, and often shared space inside the building with AT&T, such as
      Oskaloosa KS. Due to the build date, It was Long Lines and the locals
      sharing space.

      I also have a SWBT tower in Bloomfield MO, very close to the former long
      lines tower - as in a very easy walk through a field. No sharing, but the
      time frame about the same as Oskaloosa.

      Who made those decisions about sharing or not?

      (bloomfield long lines is now owned by the State of Missouri)

      Don't take your organs to heaven,
      heaven knows we need them down here!
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 29, 2012
        On 1/30/12 1:30 AM, Blake Bowers wrote:

        > I also have a SWBT tower in Bloomfield MO, very close to the former long
        > lines tower - as in a very easy walk through a field. No sharing, but the
        > time frame about the same as Oskaloosa.

        & San Rafael, wwhich looks like a L/L site, but appears to have been a
        PacBell one built to L/L standards.
      • james kester
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 30, 2012
          Chamber of Commerce.... Little Sicily

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 30, 2012
            I posted seven pics of a shared facility under Photos, 'AT&T MI Bell/Allenville, MI. Note building has two front entrances, as well as sineage for MI Bell for the buried cable and AT&T (newer AT&T logo) sineage adjacent to one of the doors.

            On these shares sites, I didn't bother to see if there were separate commercial power meters. Inside these facilities, was there a wall of separation? Perhaps a wire cage for separation? Or just separate racks, etc, and 'shared fluorescent lights'?

            Tom Scanlan

            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 30, 2012
              At Oskaloosa, there was a concrete wall seperating areas, and I just thought
              about it - seperate breaker boxes.

              It is an interesting thought though - I only know of one meter base. I
              think I need to look again, as the one has had the drop wire stolen.

              On some other sites I have seen the metal cage, such as Hollister MO - but
              that was after the fact for non teleco co-locators, I
              believe.

              Barnett MO same way.

              Don't take your organs to heaven,
              heaven knows we need them down here!

              >I posted seven pics of a shared facility under Photos, 'AT&T MI
              >Bell/Allenville, MI. Note building has two front entrances, as well as
              >sineage for MI Bell for the buried cable and AT&T (newer AT&T logo) sineage
              >adjacent to one of the doors.
              >
              > On these shares sites, I didn't bother to see if there were separate
              > commercial power meters. Inside these facilities, was there a wall of
              > separation? Perhaps a wire cage for separation? Or just separate racks,
              > etc, and 'shared fluorescent lights'?
              >
              > Tom Scanlan
              >
              > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, David <wb8foz@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> On 1/30/12 1:30 AM, Blake Bowers wrote:
              >>
              >> > I also have a SWBT tower in Bloomfield MO, very close to the former
              >> > long
              >> > lines tower - as in a very easy walk through a field. No sharing, but
              >> > the
              >> > time frame about the same as Oskaloosa.
              >>
              >> & San Rafael, wwhich looks like a L/L site, but appears to have been a
              >> PacBell one built to L/L standards.

            • Paul Zawada
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 31, 2012
                I've been told by folks who worked for T at divestiture that many
                facilities were rearranged with the RBOC on one side, AT&T on the other and
                a "Les Nessman" wall between the two. In most cases one company had
                control of the building and the other eventually moved out once its
                function there could be consolidated somewhere else...

                --zawada

                On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 8:21 PM, Tom <tomandsue@...> wrote:

                > I posted seven pics of a shared facility under Photos, 'AT&T MI
                > Bell/Allenville, MI. Note building has two front entrances, as well as
                > sineage for MI Bell for the buried cable and AT&T (newer AT&T logo) sineage
                > adjacent to one of the doors.
                >
                > On these shares sites, I didn't bother to see if there were separate
                > commercial power meters. Inside these facilities, was there a wall of
                > separation? Perhaps a wire cage for separation? Or just separate racks,
                > etc, and 'shared fluorescent lights'?
                >
                > Tom Scanlan

              • Sam Etler
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
                  Reminds me of a story I heard from a friend who worked for a large ISP that
                  Time Warner Telecommunications bought in the 90s to do their Internet
                  services. He got a tour of a shared telco / cable tv facility. It was a
                  large open area with telco on one side and cable headend gear on the other
                  with a distinctive line drawn down the middle. The way he told it either
                  side got grumpy if the other even spent too much time looking at the
                  "wrong" equipment across the line.

                  sam

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 1, 2012
                    FWIW these arrangements in the telco buildings after divestiture were known as 3D(three dimensional)condo's; with various partitions,fences,striped tape on the floor,etc separating the equipment & work areas of the two companies;initially there were a few turf issues but generally an amicable & cooperative atmosphere.