Re: [coldwarcomms] TE-2 BSPs ( was TL-1 BSPs)

  • COURYHOUSE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2012
      Sam! were these the one that were in the picture in earlier messages!?

      I am just starting to learn how bsps are divided up.

      Ed

      In a message dated 1/5/2012 3:54:19 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
      etler@... writes:

      It's possible that Mr. Piggy's binder #6 could have some. But it's hard to
      say for sure. That binder is labeled 400-000-000 to 410-999-999 which
      could
      contain anything from these divisions:

      400 Radio Administration
      402 Antennas, Transmission Lines, Waveguides
      403 Coastal Harbor, High Seas, Overseas, and Emergency Point-to-Point Radio
      (these would be neat)
      404 Manual Mobile Radio
      405 MJ, MK, and ML Radiotelephone
      406 Air-Ground Radio
      407 Personal Radio
      408 Motorola, RCA, Federal, REL, Narrowband Auxiliary Channel and Other
      non-WECo
      409 TE, TJ, TL, and TM
      410 TD-2

      sam

      On Thu, Jan 5, 2012 at 2:42 PM, <_COURYHOUSE@..._
      (mailto:COURYHOUSE@...) > wrote:

      > This is amazing! at the top of each listed below are more practices
      > covering TE series equip anything in the 409-1 and 409-100-XXX
      > seems to
      > be fair game and there may be more than listed here
      >
      > this is a bonanza !!!!! help please any one have these!?!?
      >

      > In a message dated 1/5/2012 2:13:01 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
      > _etler@..._ (mailto:etler@...) writes:
      >

      > 409-000-000 Numerical Index - Division 409 - TE, TJ, TL, and TM Microwave
      > Radio, Issue 30 1982-04-01
      > 409-001-011 Equipment Test List - TE, TJ, TL, and TM Microwave Radio,
      > Issue
      > 8 1976-12-01

    • Sam Etler
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2012
        Ah gotcha. Yeah so BSPs post-1960 or so use a nine-digit format. The first
        three digits are called the division, the next three the layer, and the
        last three the section. There are a lot of divisions. BSP 000-000-005 lists
        them all:

        http://etler.com/docs/BSP/000/000-000-005.pdf

        Radio stuff is mostly 400-499 though there are equipment requirement BSPs
        in the 800 range and various other ones in the 900 range.

        These are formally called "plant series" BSPs. Prior to the late 1950s /
        early 1960s BSP sections generally started with a letter. You can see a
        general breakdown here:

        http://www.paul-f.com/BSP.html

        There were also BSPs that were in the format 9nn.nnn.nn during this time
        period that generally correspond to the 900 range of plant series BSPs.

        Prior to lettered BSPs there were AT&T Specifications. These were converted
        to letter BSPs for the most part in the early 1930s.

        sam