more AT&T facility pics

  • Sam Etler
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2001
      While we're on the topic I figured I'd post a link to a couple other pics
      I took of the Redwood City CA facility:

      http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~etler/redwoodcity

      This place is currently being used primarily as an AT&T Hosting
      datacenter. There also seems to be some AT&T offices there and some type
      of call center along with microwave stuff. It's also one of AT&T's wire
      centers in the south bay area along with the San Jose Main (SNJSCA02)
      which is in downtown San Jose.

      Anyway, it's rather huge compared to anything else in the area. I've been
      up in the San Carlos hills that overlook the valley and could spot it
      instantly. During the tour I got, they told us that it has supporting
      foundation going down to the bed rock and was built to withstand a 9.0
      earthquake. Probably standard fare for many of their facilities. He said
      that they didn't even feel the 1989 quake.

      sam