Re: [coldwarcomms] GWEN site locations

  • Mr. K. Rudolph (Facility 406 Field Accou
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 12, 2001
      I have looked for GWEN sites myself with no luck, do you have te results
      of your findings on the web????? I am really interesed in these. I
      know there is one near Austin Nevada, do you have info on this site?

      Kurt

      I've tracked down the location of 50 of 58 GWEN relay node sites, and
      am trying to pinpoint the remaining 8.

      --
      Ross Technologies Signals Intelligence Division
      Rosetta Proving Grounds
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12, 2001
        Kurt,

        The list will be on my web site in the near future, I'm just trying to
        tie up as many loose ends as I can before posting it. Until then,
        here's a look at Central Nevada Comms Site GWEN 917, often listed simply
        as Austin:

        http://terraserver.homeadvisor.msn.com/image.asp?S=10&T=1&X=2367&Y=21801&Z=11&W=2

        BTW, if anyone understands the significance (or lack thereof) of the
        site numbers (i.e. 917) I'd like to learn that also. I don't know if
        they really mean anything or not.

        Cheers,
        Scott
        www.airforcebase.net