Re: [coldwarcomms] Jackson Butte USAF Radio Relay Site

  • Tim
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2011
      I don't know about the Jackson Butte site in particular, nor do I want
      to speculate since the USACE
      material is too anemic to allow for educated guesses, but it seems like
      *some* of the USAF remote
      MW relay sites operational in the 1950s & 1960s were designed to connect
      the ADC/NORAD guys
      at Hamilton AFB with some of the AC&W RADAR stations in the region.

      But the little info I have on Jackson Butte indicates that it was a
      McClellan AFB annex from 1963-1975.