RE: [coldwarcomms] coax vs. u-wave

  • charlie Fargis
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 4 3:57 AM
      ever seen what an L4 cable trench and repeater manhole looks like?
      Maintaining ROW markers, visiting landowners.
      Do we have any FUndamental Planners lurking here?
      If you new CUCRIT, then you might be an FP. (Still have your Green Book)?

      To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
      From: wb8foz@...
      Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 00:36:16 -0400
      Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] coax vs. u-wave

      On 8/4/11 12:01 AM, Terry L Feathers wrote:

      > The next comment I have is the costs of L-CXR vs. TD2. Try getting

      > right-of-way from property owners. Using rail right-of-way made it easier

      And the rules have changed for alongside Interstates, I believe.

      I'm not denying the RoW issues.... I used to work in the pipeline business.

      But it looks to me like you need 7 or 8 TD-2 stations for every L4. That's

      not cheap either.