Re: [coldwarcomms] coax vs. u-wave

  • Terry L Feathers
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
      The MOS I had was exactly what I later did at AT&T LL. Eight years in the
      AF working in crypto vaults isolating and working with com groups to restore
      service. At AT&T, add microwave where I worked at Garden City, Dranesville,
      Nokesville and various unmanned microwave sites in Virginia. From there to
      Terrestrial and Satellite System Design in Oakton.

      The next comment I have is the costs of L-CXR vs. TD2. Try getting
      right-of-way from property owners. Using rail right-of-way made it easier.

      I really enjoy this group as it brings back many memories, both military and
      AT&T LL.

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2011
        On 8/4/11 12:01 AM, Terry L Feathers wrote:

        > The next comment I have is the costs of L-CXR vs. TD2. Try getting
        > right-of-way from property owners. Using rail right-of-way made it easier

        And the rules have changed for alongside Interstates, I believe.

        I'm not denying the RoW issues.... I used to work in the pipeline business.

        But it looks to me like you need 7 or 8 TD-2 stations for every L4. That's
        not cheap either.
      • charlie Fargis
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2011
          ever seen what an L4 cable trench and repeater manhole looks like?
          Maintaining ROW markers, visiting landowners.
          Do we have any FUndamental Planners lurking here?
          If you new CUCRIT, then you might be an FP. (Still have your Green Book)?

          To: coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com
          From: wb8foz@...
          Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 00:36:16 -0400
          Subject: Re: [coldwarcomms] coax vs. u-wave