1950 Signal Corps Repeater Patch Bay

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2011
    • jhhaynes@earthlink.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2011

        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/imcomkorea/3193514792/

        I'm willing to believe it is out of the 1950s, but the equipment
        is more like 1930s Bell System stuff.
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2011
          --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, jhhaynes@... wrote:

          > --- In coldwarcomms@yahoogroups.com, "OZOB99" <ozob99@> wrote:
          > >
          > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/imcomkorea/3193514792/
          > >

          > I'm willing to believe it is out of the 1950s, but the equipment
          > is more like 1930s Bell System stuff.

          yep, those repeat coils probably from 1920's; but a lot of the old VF components were used in the military and telco offices into the 1970's.
        • Bob Vaughan
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2011
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/imcomkorea/3193514792/

            Here's another one showing 4 cord boards..
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/imcomkorea/3198347717/

            Bob Vaughan | techie@{w6yx|tantivy}.stanford.edu | techie@...
            AF6RR | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 | 1-650-469-3850
            -- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --