Re: [coldwarcomms] A EMP Question.

  • blitz716
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 26, 2011
      Waveguide is especially well grounded, as is all other tower
      appurtenances as well.
      The low freq EMP component manifests itself in miles of wiring, like
      primary and secondary power lines to produce the horrendous voltages
      which puncture insulation and cause problems. The relative short length
      of waveguide, towers, guy wires etc, are not as much the problem as the
      ingress of the pulse via the power mains feeds. Thus nice big
      polyphasers (or similar) were used to control ingress. Ive stood in a
      doorway next to a set while I watched lightning hit the tower about 2000
      yards away, and the crack was deafening as they discharged. (You can
      tell by the time frame it was induced into the lines vs an actual hit,
      as I watched the sonic shock wave cross the field, knocking drops of
      water off the plant life.) Everything survived just fine.